Current Daily Makeup Favorites

February 2, 2017

When I first started this blog I had all kinds of lofty goals: 
- Try out new products
- Write a blog post about my thoughts on each new product
- Repeat

I quickly realized this was a big commitment for me, and I thought it was a little boring to write about one. product. every. time.

With the new(ish) year, in an attempt to get back into blogging again (because let's be honest, I've been MIA quite a bit), I'm trying to broaden my posts when it comes to all things makeup/skincare. 

We'll see how it goes. One post at a time. No promises.

This winter I needed a new "light" shade foundation, and decided to try out the Estee Lauder Double Wear in Ecru. There have been many reviews saying how it lasts all day, great for oily skin, etc. It's true. Not only is it lightweight with good coverage, but it really does last a long time! Even with my combo/oily skin!

Another daily favorite is the Mac Prep+Prime for my under eye concealer. I've talked about concealers before, but this one is new to me. I actually like it better than the Mac Pro Longwear, which is hard to believe! The Prep+Prime is definitely not max coverage - it's a very light, buildable product. For me it's great because it doesn't settle or crease. I'm using Medium, which is actually fairly light.

I set the under eye area and t-zone with the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores powder. I love that it isn't chalky, and I do think it helps minimize pores (while I'm wearing it...I can't tell that it has actually helped my skin in any way). It's also a good product to use for touch-ups because it's not cakey.

Ever since I started bronzing/contouring, I can't stop. I feel like it makes such a difference with my face and really brings a little life back. Especially in the winter! I picked up the Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer - the Milk Chocolate shade is perfect for my pale winter skin. It also smells just like chocolate, which I didn't believe until I used it. 

For blush, I've been into The Balm blush in Frat Boy. It's the perfect natural shade of pink! The blush is also matte, which has become a must for me. I just can't hand handle the shimmery face look. Highlight, occasionally, cheeks, no.


Christmas Home Tour 2016

December 3, 2016

Welcome back, Christmas! The most wonderful time of the year is here, and this year's decorations are probably my favorite yet. Similar to last year, I decided to keep a very traditional theme with red and green, but did all red ornaments on the tree and tried to add a few more touches of red around the house.

Can the world collectively decide to have the whole month of December off from work and enjoy the season, please? I just want to sit in the living room bundled in a blanket with Hallmark movies all day every day. 

I told myself this year (as I do every year) that I wasn't going to pull out every single decoration I own, and I would scale it back a little <-- Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Of course, every few days, I go pull something else out of the Christmas Closet. #CantStopWontStop

On a side note, have you seen the blogger Holiday Housewalk this year? So much inspiration!!! Here are a few of my favorites...

My sweet friend gave me this little doggie ornament, and it's the perfect plaid for Miss Bailee's stocking. 

The tree is usually tucked away in the corner of the living room, but this year I totally rearranged the furniture so it could be right in the middle of the house. I love that you can see it from every room. The only problem is that I had to get more ornaments. Minor details. :)

Bailee likes the new furniture arrangement too...she's been lounging in these chairs nonstop!

In the entry, I added my Skiing Santa and a red berry wreath to the console table. 

The garland on our staircase has been more neutral colors in previous years, but this year I added extra greenery, red berries, and red ribbon.

Hope you enjoyed! For more ideas, take a look at my previous Christmas posts: 2015 / 2014

Have a very Merry Christmas season!


Beauty Talk: Under-eye Concealer

June 6, 2016

What is the #1 thing that can instantly age you? Having your concealer crease into fine lines. It draws attention to those laugh lines like no other. So, how do you keep under-eye concealer from creasing? Find the right product for your skin type!

My skin is more on the combination-oily side, and I have tried priming under the eye, setting with powder, "baking", setting with a setting spray...everything! It doesn't seem to matter which trick I use; if the product doesn't mesh with my skin type it won't work.

So let me save you some time. Here's a list of my favorites and fails that will work for any skin type...obviously my favorites are those for combo and oily skin. :)

Best for combination + Oily Skin
Urban Decay Naked Skin Complete Coverage / Great coverage, sets quickly, and doesn't crease.
Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous / Light and blendable coverage, works best with a setting powder, but has a natural finish that lasts all day.
Mac Pro Longwear / Definitely a favorite for most beauty bloggers, and I can see why! It sets and doesn't move! If they would just change the packaging...
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser (neutralizer tone) / Works well to balance dark circles, and works best when blended with a brush. 

Best for Dry + NORMAL Skin
Tarte Maracuj√° Creaseless / Creased like crazy!!! If you have drier skin it might be a great option because it is very hydrating.
It Cosmetics Eyelift In A Tube / Very easy application with great results when using the brightener and concealer that come together, but after a few hours it started to settle in my fine lines.
Nars Creamy Radient / I was borderline on this product for my skin type. It has a natural finish, but did crease on me. It would be great for normal skin types!
Maybelline Fit Me / Very similar to the Nars, but less than half the price.